The Quantum Stream at CDL-Toronto brings together entrepreneurs, investors, leading scientists in quantum technologies, and quantum hardware vendors (D-Wave Systems, IBM Q, Rigetti Computing, and Xanadu) to build ventures in the nascent domain of quantum computing, machine learning, optimization, sensing and other applications of quantum technologies. Participants are eligible to receive pre-seed investment from a prominent venture capital firm, office space in downtown Toronto, and an intensive 6-week technical quantum bootcamp in Toronto from industry and academic leaders in quantum computing and machine learning.
Who Should Apply?
Ideal Quantum Incubator Stream candidates are creative, intelligent, and ambitious individuals with technical competency in machine learning, computational science, physics, math, statistics, or engineering; business acumen and experience in technology startups; or relevant industry experience or expertise.
Both individuals and early-stage companies are encouraged to apply.
Individual Applicants: Ideal Quantum Incubator Stream candidates are creative, intelligent, and ambitious individuals with technical competency in machine learning, computational science, physics, math, statistics, or engineering; or relevant industry experience or domain expertise. If desired, individual participants will have the opportunity to find a suitable co-founding team during the CDL Quantum Bootcamp.
Quantum Software Ventures/Teams: Startups at all levels of maturity will be considered. We are excited to accept projects (pre-incorporation), early-stage companies (pre-seed) or little more mature companies (seed).
Quantum Hardware Ventures/Teams: Ideal candidates are at a stage when they already have a basic prototype.
CDL Quantum Incubator Stream Features
The Quantum Incubator Stream offers a robust set of resources for new founders to launch and scale a startup in the quantum ecosystem.
- Business Guidance and Investor Access – Objective-setting meetings with the CDL Fellows and Associates, a group of highly successful entrepreneurs and investors with expertise in scaling high-tech startups, world-leading scientists and industry leaders in quantum technologies.
- Capital – Pre-seed investment from a prominent venture capital firm.
Quantum Access – Quantum computing resources from our technology partners:
- D-Wave – Access to the latest D-Wave System and Software libraries;
- IBM Q – Access and hands-on technical support for the public IBM Q Experience™ systems, and IBM’s open source quantum software platform, Qiskit™;
- Rigetti – Rigetti Forest programming environment, with access to cloud-connected superconducting quantum processors and Quantum Virtual Machine (QVM);
- Xanadu – Strawberry Fields, an open-source library for photonic quantum computing, with a suite of simulators for execution on CPU/GPU, and early private access to Xanadu’s cloud-based quantum photonic chips”.
- Technical Education – 6-week technical quantum bootcamp in Toronto, Canada, where the potential founders learn the necessary technical and business skills via in-person lectures, practical exercises, one-on-one office hours and a two-day, multi-platform Quantum hackathon.
- Business Support – Guidance on strategy and business development from top students and faculty from the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto.
Early bird application deadline: January 26, 2020
Wave 1 application deadline: March 15, 2020
Source: Creative Destruction Lab™
Illustration Photo: D-Wave quantum technologies (credits: Province of British Columbia / Flickr Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0))